Our Mission Statement
The SNubber Users Group will strive to improve the reliability and cost effectiveness of snubber programs at nuclear power facilities. We will accomplish this by providing a forum for the open exchange of technical information and ideas, by providing training opportunities, by serving as a primary source of input to ASME Code organizations, and by aggressively pursuing cost effective solutions to concerns and issues that impact the nuclear power industry.
To achieve our mission, the SNubber Users Group and its members will:
- Acquire and exchange information on the design, manufacturing, qualification, maintenance, examination, testing and service life monitoring of snubbers.
- Initiate and conduct workshops and other training opportunities in order to promote consistency and maintain an industry wide knowledge base in response to workforce organizational changes.
- Address licensing issues related to snubbers and disseminate information on codes, standards and regulations affecting snubbers.
- Act as a liaison to the ASME Code organization by providing information and feedback on code related issues.
- Utilize Working Groups as needed to address significant issues, report findings and recommend actions to SNUG members as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with snubber manufacturers, vendors and regulators.
In addition, the SNubber Users Group, with the approval of members, will:
- Serve as a technical information resource to other nuclear electric industry organizations (e.g., EPRI, INPO, NEI) on issues relative to snubbers.
- Provide the opportunity for members to interface and exchange technical information with representatives from companies providing snubber-related products and services to the nuclear industry.